Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Attend 1300's Weddings: Lisa














Somehow I'm not surprised that the one who said she wasn't getting married was the first to walk down the aisle. When I saw a missed call from 7am in the morning one day from her, I knew it meant only one thing. After a text message asking if it's what I think has happened, I received a reply, "I'm getting married!"
Leading up to wedding weekend, all through rehearsal, and even the morning of the ceremony seven months after the proposal, I believed in the back of my mind that Lisa was getting married, but it did not sink in until the pastor declared them Mr. and Mrs. H. and they began walking down the aisle. I turned to the other bridesmaids and declared, "You guys! Lisa is married." So surreal!

One of the cool parts about Lisa and her wedding could 
be reflected in her bridesmaids. There were five of us. And each of us have known Lisa at a different time in her life and in a different capacity. One bridesmaid has been a childhood friend, another an elementary/secondary school friend, one the college roommate
for life, another the cake/frosting eating companion, and another met her towards the end of college and into the transition of the working world as a colleague. Not to say we were talking about her, but one of my favorite parts was sharing stories about the bride-to-be with each other as we looked at her getting ready.


I suppose it would be unfair to talk only about Lisa in this entry and not even mention  her husband, Landon. After I met Landon about two years ago, I told Lisa that I could tell he had it BAD for her. I'm not sure if it was a subtle twinkle in his eye or the way he looked/talked to her, but I knew.  I'm not going into the details of the courtship but Lisa knows I will NEVER let her live down the work Landon put in! He is a great guy and I look forward to great times with the two of them.

It's still scary and crazy that my friends are starting to get married. Exciting and fun and happy but still scary. We are growing older! I look forward to the days of hearing about other milestones in each other's lives. From buying a house, starting a family, moving, careers, I look forward to them with anticipation and cannot wait to sit back and reminisce about the stupid, silly and HILARIOUS things we've done in our days. 
P.S. Megan, Christie and I have taken dibs on who is next, and based on our track record we aren't too sure who it'll be. So maybe this will be the only post on this topic for quite a few years. Let's hope there will still be internet and blogs by the time that comes around.

2 comments:

  1. Heyy back, except you can't annonymously say Heyy...gotta gimme something to work with, to figure out who you are. Yes?

    ReplyDelete